About This Item
By Tom Seabourne, Ph.D., with Forword by Herb Perez
Hit harder, kick faster, and jump higher!The Martial Arts Athlete answers questions that today's competitors must know to succeed - should you do push-ups or lift weights? Are energy bars and sports drinks any good? Are traditional forms a waste of your time? How do you eat to win?p
Discover Powerful Mind/Body Training for Peak Performance:
• Imagery for better strikes, kicks & takedowns.
• Meditations for a shaper mind.
• The power of relaxation.
• Mental skills to manage pain, improve discipline, and feel great!
Incredible Physical Conditioning to Get You in the Best Shape of Your Life:
• Step-by-step strength training for powerful arms & shoulders.
• Killer ab-work for a lean torso and washboard stomach.
• Plyometrics for strong legs and explosive kicks.
• Three kinds of stretching for dynamic flexibility.
• Simple breathing techniques to power you up.
Discover the most effective workouts, nutrition secrets, and mind/body training for peak martial arts performance in competition and daily practice!
Tom Seabourne, Ph.D. is a sport psychologist, two-time National AAU Taekwondo champion and silver medalist in the World Taekwondo Championships. He is also a certified member of the American Council on Exercise and the American College of Sports Medicine. He resides in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
Softcover. 151 pages.