About This Item
By Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
A must for advanced students, Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power is the next level in Tai Chi Chuan training. This book is written especially for those who have learned the form, begun Pushing Hands, and now want to develop and refine their Tai Chi skills.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power focuses on the martial essence of Tai Chi Chuan, an aspect many other books ignore. This book explores in depth the sugject of Jing (internal martial power), general Tai Chi theory, and the applications of the Chi in the Tai Chi form. Because Jing training is essential to martial Tai Chi power, this work is a valuable reference that no serious practitioner should be without.
• A comprehensive training plan for Jing (power) development.
• Understand the difference between true Jing (internal power) and Li (muscular power).
• Learn how to accumulate Chi and Jing in the Tai Chi postures.
• Discover the essential role your mind plays in Tai Chi and Jing practice.
• Includes a special selection of Tai Chi poems, translated and with commentary by Dr. Yang.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a renowned writer and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Chi Kung, and the author of twenty-one books. He lives in Lexington, Massachusettes.
Softcover. 268 pages.