About This Item
Taekwondo is defined as a hard-style system of the martial arts-with penetrating kicks and punches, and forceful linear attacks. Dedicated practitioners know that advanced training means not only striving to master techniques, but also developing a deeper understanding of the history, philosophy, and concepts at the core of this martial art.
In Advanced Taekwondo, Scott Shaw presents an in-depth look at the complete art of Taekwondo-from the underlying philosophies that drive the techniques and strategies to advice on mastering basic and advanced techniques fundamental to the art. Chapters include:
- An in-depth look at the origins and philosophies of Taekwondo
- Discussion and tips on mastering essential techniques
- Illustrated poomse sequences, including the Taeguek forms and Black Belt forms
- Effective strategies and skills for self-defense
- Weapons techniques including instruction in Kumdo, the Korean Art of the Sword
With over 400 illustrations and detailed instruction from a leading teacher in the field, even the most experienced black belts can benefit from the lessons in this book.
Scott Shaw is one of the world's most prolific proponents of the Korean marital arts. He began training in hapkido and taekwondo as a young boy and today holds master instructor certification in both. He is a frequently published contributor to the marital arts magazines and has authored a number of books, including Hapkido: Korean Art of Self-Defense and Taekwondo Basics.
by Scott Shaw. Softcover. 209 pp.