About This Item
BJ Penn-UFC World Champion, Jiu-Jitsu World Champion, and best-selling author of Mixed Martial Arts: The Book of Knowledge- sheds new light on the sport of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu with this unprecedented examination of the closed guard.
The BJ Penn - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (The Closed Guard) Book features:
- Through step-by-step color photographs and descriptive narrative, Penn shares his elaborate system for gaining control of your opponent's body while fighting off your back, and then unleashes more than eighty fight-ending submissions.
- He divulges his most vicious strangleholds, including collar chokes, arm chokes, and triangle chokes.
- He demonstrates how to apply bone-breaking pressure to your opponent's wrist, elbow, and shoulder using his most ruthless straight arm bars, inverted arm bars, kimura locks, americana locks, and omoplata locks.
- And to ensure your offense never gets shut down, Penn unveils your opponent's most common submission defenses, and then teaches you how to capitalize on that defense by transitioning into submissions and a host of sweeps.
- Detailing dozens of ways to chain your attacks together to form fluid combinations, this book leaves no stone unturned. Whether you are new to the grappling arts or an experienced practitioner, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: The Closed Guard will take your game to the next level.