About This Item
We all have incredible potential. So, why is it that we don't always live up to our potential? Why is there often a difference between what we can do and what we actually do? In what ways can we maximize our potential in those areas of our lives that are important to us? What are the instrumental keys that create that personal success in all our endeavors? That is what this book is all about.
The Winning Mind Set is a set of proven tools and techniques to help you UNLEASH the Power of Your Mind, and tap into your incredible potential. The book is a compilation of field-tested approaches presented in a way that is designed to be both easy to understand and easy to put into action, a toolbox codified into the acronym BEHAVIOR.
- Beliefs...Discover how to put the power of your belief systems to work for you.
- Emotions...Learn 6 ways to manage your emotions quickly and easily.
- Habits...Find out how to wipe out negative habits and quickly form positive ones.
- Associations...Harness the brilliance of this subconscious phenomenon.
- Values...Realize the role of your deepest desires in driving your life.
- Identity...Find out how to use your sense of identity in powerful ways.
- Objectives...Understand the value of setting objectives in a whole new way.
- Retention...Learn the 9 steps to reinforcing positive changes in your life.
Brault and Seaman's pretense is simple, Seaman states, We ask every athlete and coach this question. In competition, how much of the outcome is attributed to physical skill and how much is mental? The answer ranges from 50/50 to 80% mental and 20% physical. We then ask them, as we now ask you, what do you do to train your psychological side? 99% of the time they stare at us, searching for an answer. This is the answer! If you haven't tapped into the mental side; you are at best, at 50% of your potential. This is only one example. Seaman continues, In reality, it goes way beyond competition and into the improvement of performance in all areas of our lives! In business, academics, sales, personal relationships, career, and of course competition, the state of your mindset will determine the outcome more than any other element.
Their secret to success Seaman says, Over the past 35 years, we've had some incredible experiences in our lives. During that time period we've worked with and taught local, state, national, world champions, and high performing athletes, as well as coaches, performers and business people from all walks of life! The most extraordinary result of this interaction is what we have learned from these elite individuals, and how we used this valuable information to develop a program that anyone can use and apply instantly.